I've had a few people ask me lately how I get from a piece of blank paper, to a finished product for you, so, I'm going to go through the process for you :)
( Please note that I've never had any formal training at all, so really it is all a total fluke and a blessing that I'm able to do what I do. AND I most likely do everything the hard way...lol)
1. I draw an image using Sharpies (3 diff. sizes) . I very rarely use a pencil. Most of the time if I need a straight line, I use the edge of a piece of paper. Because my style is imperfect and a little off kilter, rulers look to "right" to me.
2. I scan in the image into the computer, using a printshop program, so that I can get a true black and white image.
3. I then transfer the image into my paint program where I clean it up and crop it, etc. You can the the difference between some of my first images, and the quality of images that I'm able to produce now. You can see the lines are more jagged, and the coloring on it in paint works, but the quality isn't as good.
4. Now the image goes into illustrator by Adobe. This is where I fix the lines and give them more fluidity. I also break down each image into layers to color. I seriously had an 8 year old teach me how to use it. And it took me FOREVER! Very intimidating when I watched her fly through something, and it took me hours and lots of tears before I could figure it out ( Thank you Eliza :), I miss you!)
5. The next step is Photoshop to convert the files into a jpeg or png format. If I could truly use these programs, I can just imagine all of the damage I could do...lol. Now the file is ready to post.
I have just this last week got some more software that I'm slowly learning, that will make my life 100 times easier when it comes to calendars, flyers, and invitation making.... those are what is on the list of to do's in my head...lol.
Just a side note:
My sleeping is another thing I've seen lots of posts about ...lol. THANK YOU for all of the sleeping wishes! I hope some day to get some :)
As a little clarification, (alot of you know) I work graveyards at a home for physically and mentally disabled adults. Then I do this pretty much full time during the day. Summer is extra hard because my husband does lawn care and is gone 7 days a week, all day, and my little ones are out of school. Thus, no sleep!
You'll have to forgive me if I'm grumpy, or if my posting is irregular (that means I slept an hour, and the kids didn't burn the house down..... remember the matches incident?) or, if I don't answer your email right away..... OR if you see an image I drew and it leans to the left a little...lol.
This would be because I see two of everything. Thank heavens for Pepsi is all I can say!
I hope this answered some of your questions!~