My friend Echo asked me to make her a crown to use for her little girl's black and pink birthday party. She asked for black, but I threw in the other 2 versions just in case:
- Melonheadz Addicts
- And....I'm a Mormon
- Blog Designs
- Fundraiser Blessings
- Personalized Melonheads
- Annual Classroom Adoption
- About Me Pages
- About the Artist
- Teacher's Notebook
- Teachers Pay Teachers
- LDS/Christian Images
- Melonheadz Characters
- Bible / Book of Mormon Journaling
Thursday, March 31, 2011
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
This morning I received this beautiful award from my friend Shar:) I will be passing it along in the next few days! Awards are fabulous to get:) To know the thought that goes into each one, makes them priceless! Now I get to tell you 7 random things about me:
1. In high school I loved the "big hair" bands... still do! Van Halen, Poison, Steelheart, Whitesnake... still are soothing sounds to me...lol
2. When I was a little girl, we raised pigs... all of whom were my friends. We sold one that we had named Suzie... and I was heartbroken! A week or so later at dinner (You know where this is going right? ughhhhhh!) My brother asked me to "please pass Suzie"... To this day I cannot eat pork! At family dinners eventually someone starts snorting, and I have to throw my dinner away...lol.
3. I drink Pepsi out of cans, and Dr. Pepper out of the fountain ONLY! Weird but true, and I HATE it when they get warm, because they taste like cough syrup! ewwwww...
4. I hate plastic cling wrap...everyime I try to use it, I end up with it stuck together in a giant ball, and have to throw it away. Have you ever seen the movie Without a Paddle? and the Dr. is afraid of cling wrap? I understand that completely!
5. Every time I hear a fire pager go off, I immediately start to cry... when I was little and we heard the pager go off, we had to get out of the way! Dad (and later Bret too) were off! Then I'd run out and stand on the curb and watch the trucks go by. They ALWAYS honked and waved! I work in a home for disabled adults... one night I had to call the ambulance to come and get one of them to go to the hospital... and the first responders came in in their turn out gear.. I had to leave the room and cry...lol. Firemen are my heroes:) Super embarassing..lol. My poor Maggiepie has the same problem...
6. I am allergic to walnuts and pecans. When I eat them my tongue and the inside of my mouth swell up and I can't talk. Mike LOVES it when I can't talk...lol.
7. Um... I still have all of my dolls from when I was a little girl...lol. Can't part with them. Worst yet... I have all of the clothes that go with them too... My mother made me clothes and blankets for everybody :) And yes I still remember their names..lol. Agatha, Amy, Lori,etc. etc.
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
This post will be all about my new friends that I have met on this blog:) There are beautiful people all over the world.... Connect with me on facebook, and you may show up here next..lol. I do promise to ask first though;)
The above picture is taken from a photo of my new friend Izzah. Izzah lives in Malaysia. She's beautiful! xox
This is my friend Allison. Allison lives in Texas:) She has the sweetest little girl, and makes FABULOUS cards that make me jealous!
This is my friend Shar. Shar lives in Washington. Shar makes me laugh constantly! She is also very crafty... she makes the cutest stuff!
This is my sweet friend Karel. Karel live is Michigan. She was one of my first new friends when I started this blog:) Lub ya!
This is my good friend Keira. Keira is from Ireland. She has booths at her local craft fair, and makes really cool jewlery, cards, etc. One talented lady!
This is my friend Nicole :). Nicole lives in Utah. She is fabulous! Nicole is LDS, like me, and is always giving me little helpful hints and reminders. Very much appreciated!
This is my friend Candy! Candy is from Michigan. She is a lover of ALL things purple:). Candy was one of my very first new friends when I started this blog! She is always smiling, upbeat, and has such wonderful things to say... gotta lub Candy :)
Monday, March 28, 2011
Sunday, March 27, 2011
My mother was a very talented seamstress and quilter. Some of my most prized posessions are the quilts that she made. Her stitches are perfect.... she told me mine look like a big running stitch...lol. When I heard this quote, it remined me instantly of her.
Yesterday, my sweet friend Naush commented on hug your daughter day. She has all boys :) and she said they're hug-hungry-bunnies.... Her comment gave me the inspiration for this image:) xox Nikki