Friday, July 18, 2014

Meet Baylee!!!

Today I have a real live hero for you to meet!

Her name is Baylee.
She is in first grade.
and she has beaten cancer.
TWICE!



I am so impressed by her story, and by her sweet mother.

When Baylee was going through treatment she lost her hair.
Now we all know that while having hair is nice, it's not what makes us beautiful.

Baylee's momma wrote some books all about it.

Here they are:


You can read all about it by clicking 

and she also wrote this one


You can read all about it by clicking 


 They have started a foundation for kids with cancer,
it's called Brave, Bald, Beautiful LLC
you can read all about it by clicking


please take a minute and read her story,  learn about the hair fairy,
and donate if you can. 
I did!

You can also follow them on facebook by clicking 


Now here's where I come in!
Baylee's cousin contacted me and asked me to draw up some graphics to go along with the book, so she could create a companion book review. How awesome is that???? What an honor to be included in a small way :)
Here are the bundles I made:


You can find them here:


And


You can find them here:


And


You can find them here:



xox
Nikki


18 comments :

Fran Kramer said...

Nikki,
The graphics touch my heart and I will read all of this. Thank you for sharing. Many of us have had students with cancer. The graphics are beautiful,as usual.

Diane R said...

Oh my gosh! I am in tears... What a sweet, sweet thing you all have done!

Shar said...

Oh my goodness, these are so adorable, Nikki. Baylee is, indeed, the truest kind of hero! God bless Baylee and her mom.

Unknown said...

Nikki, I love that you have shared this with us. I'll definitely be visiting all of these links. What a strong little superhero princess she is! I send my love! XO

Erin Lukas said...

This is so touching! I love them!

Erin
Creating & Teaching

Anonymous said...

I love this so much!! I will be sharing this with my sweet friend who is trying to beat brain cancer. She is just 23 and was just this morning telling me how ugly she is feeling. She needs a pick me up, and this is just the thing! You are so sweet to share your talents with others and for letting us get to know this brave girl.

Terri Izatt
KinderKapers

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amber O. said...

Nikki, I am in tears just reading your post and the comments here. I am so glad I followed my heart and contacted you about the graphics. God is so amazing! This was definitely His leading, and I just cannot THANK YOU enough for this!!! You are too wonderful, and I am privileged to consider you "friend"...even if we've never met:)
SweetSchoolMoments

Kimberly Ann said...

You are amazing!

xoxo
Kimberly Ann
Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

Miss Kindergarten said...

So sweet Nikki!!!

Cleah said...

Such a sweet inspiration for a brave young girl! Thank you for your wonderful works.:)

Lori Rosenberg said...

Thus post is one the sweetest I've ever read!

tobi :) said...

I am honored to know you Nikki...You are such a giving soul I hope sweet Baylee gets to enjoy looking at those sweet graphics everyday for her long, happy and healthy life...

Unknown said...

Oh ladies!! This is so amazing! Thank you so sharing Baylee's story and Brianne's books. I had. The privilege of being Baylee's kindergarten teacher and knowing her sweet and encouraging mom and amazing family! Thank you soooo much! You have totally touched my heart in so many ways!

Rhonda said...

This has touched my heart.

Dina M. said...

This is so touching and truly amazing! :)

Unknown said...

Nikki, these are absolutely precious!! Cancer affects almost every family these days and to see such an adorable tribute to this little gal who is fighting the fight along with many others is wonderful!!

vicky1970 said...

Aww Nikki ~ I love the story behind this! I lost my sweet mama to cancer and it's so near and dear to my heart. You are precious and Bailee is truly a hero!
xoxo,
Vicky