Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I got an award:)


This morning I received this beautiful award from my friend Shar:) I will be passing it along in the next few days! Awards are fabulous to get:) To know the thought that goes into each one, makes them priceless! Now I get to tell you 7 random things about me:

1. In high school I loved the "big hair" bands... still do! Van Halen, Poison, Steelheart, Whitesnake... still are soothing sounds to me...lol

2. When I was a little girl, we raised pigs... all of whom were my friends. We sold one that we had named Suzie... and I was heartbroken! A week or so later at dinner (You know where this is going right? ughhhhhh!) My brother asked me to "please pass Suzie"... To this day I cannot eat pork! At family dinners eventually someone starts snorting, and I have to throw my dinner away...lol.

3. I drink Pepsi out of cans, and Dr. Pepper out of the fountain ONLY! Weird but true, and I HATE it when they get warm, because they taste like cough syrup!   ewwwww...

4. I hate plastic cling wrap...everyime I try to use it, I end up with it stuck together in a giant ball, and have to throw it away. Have you ever seen the movie Without a Paddle? and the Dr. is afraid of cling wrap? I understand that completely!

5. Every time I hear a fire pager go off, I immediately start to cry... when I was little and we heard the pager go off, we had to get out of the way! Dad (and later Bret too) were off! Then I'd run out and stand on the curb and watch the trucks go by. They ALWAYS honked and waved! I work in a home for disabled adults... one night I had to call the ambulance to come and get one of them to go to the hospital... and the first responders came in in their turn out gear.. I had to leave the room and cry...lol. Firemen are my heroes:) Super embarassing..lol. My poor Maggiepie has the same problem...


6. I am allergic to walnuts and pecans. When I eat them my tongue and the inside of my mouth swell up and I can't talk. Mike LOVES it when I can't talk...lol.

7. Um... I still have all of my dolls from when I was a little girl...lol. Can't part with them. Worst yet... I have all of the clothes that go with them too... My mother made me clothes and blankets for everybody :) And yes I still remember their names..lol. Agatha, Amy, Lori,etc. etc.

7 comments :

Anonymous said...

And yet another award. Girl Your popular !! COngratulations !
Tiny bits and pieces only about ourselves that no one else possesses. So nice to get to know more about you, darling.
Naush

Nicole said...

Oh my Heck! I'm a Dr.Pepper (Fountain ONLY) fanatic!! I can't believe how many things we have in common. This is nutty. HA :]

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! Amazing digis!
Thank-you so much for your generosity in giving to us freely.

Carol

Izzah said...

congratulations Nikki!! i will keep supporting you..

Sue said...

Congrats on your award

Nikki said...

Thanks everyone:) I'm so blessed to have you all!

Misty said...

Congrats on the award! Firemen are my heros too, and My brother passed me 'Henretta' one night at the supper table, with a snicker, much in the same way. (but I do still eat chicken)
Hummer Hugs,
Misty
http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
hummingbird204 at comcast dot net